Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Lib'rals "BLUE ALBUM" SPECIAL EDITION (Side B)

THE LIB'RALS
"BLUE ALBUM"
SPECIAL EDITION


SIDE B


1. Tony, My Boy
Based on "Martha, My Dear"
By John Lennon and Paul McCartney
New lyrics by Kyle and Brandon

Tony, my dear, though I spend my days in obfuscation
Please
Come follow me
Tony, my boy
Tony my dear

Fix the facts 'round, you silly boy, do what I've done
When I find myself in the heat of it
Close my mind ignore the truth that's all around me
Silly boy

Fix the Facts all around you
Take a deep breath and you will see
Reluctantly, that we should pull together
Silly boy

Hear the guns roar, you silly boy, do what I've done
When I see Iraq in the blood of it
Close my eyes deny the pain that's all around me
Silly boy

Tony, my boy, though we spend our days in obfuscation
Sleaze
Come follow me
You must obey me
Tony my boy,
Tony my dear


2. We're So Tired
Based on "I'm So Tired"
By John Lennon and Paul McCartney
New lyrics by Daniel G and Enlightenment

We're so tired of men who never think
We're so tired of leaders on the brink
Bush and Brown are fiddling as they watch the city sink
Oh no no

We're so tired; they don't know what to do
We're so tired; they only made us blue
We tried to write our leader, but he hasn't got a clue

CHORUS:
He said, "I did it so well,"
But it's not true, he's doing us harm
You know we can't sleep, we can't find a home
[He] gave us three weeks; he's letting us roam
You know he's taking everything we got but he never seems to mind

We're so tired of cronies who are slick
And though we're so tired, we see another dirty trick
We curse our lazy leader
'Cause he's such a stupid hick!

CHORUS

You know he's taking everything we got but he never seems to mind
You know he's taking everything we got but he never seems to mind

[listen listen]


3. War Bird
Based on "Blackbird"
By John Lennon and Paul McCartney
New lyrics by Brandon and Kelli

War bird waiting in the dead of the night
Take these broken truths and learn to lie
So unwise
He will never tell you how the many people died

War bird scheming in the dead of the night
Take their hidden fear and play on fright
Oh the lies
He will never tell us how the many people died

War-bird lies! War-bird lies!
Into the light of the camera lights.

War bird killing in the dead of the light
See the gutless coward lead the fight
Taking lives
He will never tell you how the many people died
He will never tell you how the many people died
He will never tell you how the many people died

[sounds of guns loading and cocking leading directly into...]


4 GOPiggies
Based on Piggies
By George Harrison
New Lyrics by Jeffrey, Brandon and Daniel G.

Have you seen the GOPiggies
Messing up our rights?
All we see are GOPiggies
Making a new Reich
Have the Bill of Rights to fuck around with

Hear the Bible thumping piggies
Tell us what to do
Are you tired of GOPiggies
Bitching me and you
Always have a group to spew their hate at

In the House with Reich wing backing
They pass laws that keep people down
Listen to the lines they're cracking
In their minds there's something lacking!

Watching all the GOPiggies
Messing up the world
Neocons and GOPiggies
Chaos in a swirl
Always find a way to spread their hatred

[Sounds of pigs grunting, fading out as we lead directly into...]

5. TOMMY DELAY
Based on "Rocky Raccoon"
By John Lennon and Paul McCartney
New lyrics by Daniel G

Now somewhere in the center ring of hell in Texas
there lived a damn fool named Tommy Delay
And one day he took a chunk of change from another guy
Put ol' Tommy in the lime light, Tommy didn't like it
He said "I'm gonna getcha guys
So he got himself a pastor
To clean up his tarnished reputation

Tommy Delay said "I'll get away
If I can thump on some Bibles"
Tommy knew why, equipped with a lie
To denigrate all of his rivals
His rivals it seemed, had broken his dreams
By showing that he was no Christian
He went on the take, he proved he's a fake
But Tommy said "I will not listen.
"Please persecute me, but don't let me be
"So I can say I am a victim."
Tommy got pissed, the culture got dissed
He said, "Scarborough, I am an angel."
The pastor was hot, he promised a lot
As Tommy took bribes in a corner

Now the pastor came in, thinking he'd win
And proceeded to rat on the gay folk
He said, "Tommy I'll get the fags."
And Tommy said, "the bastards make me gag"

"But I'll do better, I'll do better doc and I'll show 'em that I'm no
joke

Now Tommy Delay waged war on the gays
Quoting each page of the Bible
The pastor said, "Switch, Delay be my bitch"
And he messed up ol' Tommy's revival!


6. DON'T ASK ME WHY
(THE CLAUDE ALLEN SONG)
Based on "Don't Pass Me By"
By Richard Starkey
New Lyrics by Kyle and Brian

I'm heading off to Target
Goin' by myself
I love my local target
Swiping off the shelf
Waiting for a guard to
throw me out the door
I don't see him
Does it mean he can't stop me any more?

CHORUS
Don't ask me why, can't pass it by, I'll swipe it soon!
Cause you know Target, I love to cheat you
You'll never know it thrilled me so
How I love to cheat and go
Don't ask me why
Can't pass it by!

I call myself a Christian
No one has to know
A homophobic Christian
Condoms have to go
But when I go to Target
And when I'm by myself
I can't help it
I'm cleaning off the shelf

CHORUS

I'm sorry that you busted me
It was too unfair
I hated queers and women
Pretended that I cared
George said I would be great
The blame he will not share
I said screw the whole damned frickin' thing
'Cause honesty here is rare

CHORUS

[Stray notes still playing, hanging loose, leading directly into]


7. How Come The Fighting Isn't Done?
Based on "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?"
By John Lennon and Paul McCartney
New Lyrics by Kyle and Brandon

Why don't we get 'em in Iraq?
Why don't we get 'em in Iraq
Why don't we get 'em in Iraq?
Why don't we get 'em in Iraq?
No one will be asking us
Why don't we get 'em in Iraq?

Why don't we nuke 'em in Iran?
Why don't we nuke 'em in Iran?
Why don't we nuke 'em in Iran?
Why don't we nuke 'em in Iran?
No one will be asking us
Why are we nuking in Iran?

How come the fighting isn't done?
How come the fighting isn't done?
How come the fighting isn't done?
How come the fighting isn't done?
Every one is asking us
How come the fighting isn't done?

8. I Bilk
Based on "I Will"
By John Lennon and Paul McCartney
New Lyrics by Brandon

You know I've always bilked you
You know I bilk you still
As I waste a greedy life time
If you cut my tax I will

For every time I cheat you
It never touched my heart
No it never really mattered
I've been cheating from the start

Cheat you forever and forever
Cheat with with all my verve
Cheat you whenever we're together
Cheat you with all my nerve

And when at last I've drained you
And your pain will never cease
I will gladly take more from you
Make it easy to deprive you
For the cash you lose endears you to me
You know I bilk, I bilk

9. Media
Based on "Julia"
By John Lennon and Paul McCartney
New lyrics by Brandon

Most of what is I say is a half truth
But I spin it just to play the media

Media, Media, bowing down, hears me
So I'm telling half a truth to media
Media, bottom line, profit whores, love me
So I'm twisting half a truth for media

My propaganda lie is hollering, bellowing
On the air

Media, media, cowering, fears me
So I dump a load of crap on media

When I cannot tell the truth
I can only flip the bird at media

Media, sleeping fools, my allies, obey me
So I screw you once again, dear media
Media, bended knees, genuflect, fear me
Propaganda works again on media, media media


Bonus Track
About the Mexicans
Based on "Across The Universe"
By John Lennon and Paul McCartney
New lyrics by Brian and Jeffrey

Minute men are speaking out; they fuss and whine about the brown
They beat their chests, they gripe and groan;
They bitch about the Mexicans
Pools of hatred, waves of rage
Are drifting through their empty minds
Obsessing and inflaming them
O Gott Welch Dunkel Hier! Ja!

CHORUS
Lighten up your-hate-filled minds
Lighten up your-hate filled minds
Lighten up your hate-filled minds
Lighten up your hate-filled minds

Images of right wing goons which march before me
Like the Ku Klux Klan
They blather on and on about the Mexicans
Praising whites and flaunting guns, they strut about like Nazi goons
They piss and moan and click their heels
And bitch about the Mexicans
O Gott Welch Dunkel Hier! Ja!

CHORUS

Shades of white and shades of brown are
Chanting in the open streets, blessing and embracing me
Tolerant, enlightened love will shine around us like
Like a blazing sun
Both on the white folks and upon the Mexicans
Mi Casa es Su Casa! Ohhh!

Chorus

Mi Casa es Su Casa
Mi Casa es Su Casa
Mi Casa es Su Casa
Mi Casa es Su Casa
[ Repeating and fading ]

No comments: