Thursday, August 25, 2005

WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN GEORGIE

,Editor's Note by Brandon

I'm sure this will trigger a heated discussion--not so much on the blog, but when my best friend/landlord learns that I found this and posted it without his persmission. As I told our team mates, I found this in the drawer in one of our endtables while I was looking for my wallet last night. It's a song parody written by Advocate1 in early to mid July while I was in Ireland with my fiancee, Kelli. When I asked him why he didn't post it or use it in some manner he told be that it wasn't up to his standards and that he didn't want to stir up too much trouble. Well, my man, this is a political blog. Making trouble is what we do best around here. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally, but there are times when we like to take time out for a little satire. With that in mind, I offer the following song parody. It is called "OH WHAT FAITH WE HAVE IN GEORGIE and....well, I've rattled on long enough.

Brandon

WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN GEORGE BUSH
To be sung to the tune of "WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS."
New Lyrics by Advocate1


Oh what faith we have in Georgie
When he says he'll never lie
Make Iraq a new republic
We won't even ask him why
Stop the mushroom cloud from blooming
Bring the mighty tyrant down
Keep the Neocons in power
Give King George his bloody crown

O what faith we have in Georgie
In his roving intellect
Start a war, extend our power
We will grab what we can get
Tie it to the burning towers
And the people will forget
Never mind the preparation
Let the critics whine and fret

Oh what faith we had in Georgie
Hear the G.O.P rejoice
Read the memo out of London
Now we have a war of choice
By the road the bombs are blasting
And the blood has freely flown
Hear the widows and the orphans
Something George will never own

Oh the faith we lost in Georgie
When he says we cannot lose
Now the soldiers are a fallin'
In a war we chose to choose
Disregard the talk of failure
As the bodies pile high
One excuse will breed another
George won't care how many die




No comments: